Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has apologised to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) following his outburst last week.
The 41-year-old has copped a lot of flak in recent weeks after his team failed to make it out of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) group stage after winning only one of their games in Rwanda.
“I am addressing this insanity that has befallen some of our critics,” Oliseh said in a video posted on Twitter on Sunday. “I call it insanity because you must be mad to start asking about the future of a coach who lost in CHAN.
“With all due respect, CHAN is probably the least tournament organised by CAF. It is a tournament designed to weigh African leagues against each other.
“We are still on track to qualify for the Nations Cup, we have qualified into the group stages of the world cup qualifiers. So where is this failure are these critics writing about?”
However, on Monday he made a U-turn and sent a letter of apology to the NFF with the organisation’s president Amaju Pinnick confirming to The PUNCH that he said sorry.
“Yes, he did,” Pinnick confirmed.
Meanwhile, Oliseh feels talks between him and the NFF were positive and is confident they can all move forward now.
“Yes, it’s true that I apologised today (Monday) to the NFF,” he said. “We’ve talked and I believe it is time to move forward positively. The point has been made and we have all taken things maturely.
It was just important to sincerely put the records straight.”