Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has said that he will “not risk anything” when it comes to Gareth Bale‘s return from injury.
It was reported earlier this week that the Welsh forward had suffered a setback in his recovery from a third calf injury of the season and would miss Madrid’s upcoming Champions League last-16 first leg against Roma.
Zidane seemed to suggest that Bale would have to wait to make his return and not be available for Wednesday’s trip to the Italian capital.
“We will not worry more than necessary,” said the Frenchman. “Every day is better. It is an issue that takes a little longer for him.
“We want Bale at 100%. He is a very important player for us and we will not risk anything.”
Bale has already matched his La Liga goal total from last season with 13 goals in less than half the appearances (15) than he had in 2014-15 (31).