The French Ligue 1 champions and the Barclays Premier League champions will play the 1st of their round 16 games today Kick-off time is at 7.45pm GMT (8:45pm Nigeria time).
www.sportsration.com gives you the match stats going into this clash.
- Paris SG, who finished second in Group A behind Real Madrid, have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League for the fourth consecutive season, their best ever run. They were eventually knocked out in the quarter finals in the last three campaigns.
- Chelsea, who qualified top of Group G ahead of Dynamo Kiev, have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League for the 12th time in the last 13 seasons.
- Paris SG and Chelsea are meeting each other in the knockout stages of the Champions League for the third consecutive season. They have so far progressed once each (Chelsea in 2013/14, PSG in 2014/15).
- Paris SG have won one of their six Champions League games against Chelsea (3-1 at home in April 2014), drawing three and losing two.
- Paris SG have lost only one of their last 37 home games in European competition (W24 D12), that was against Barcelona in April 2015 (1-3).
- Paris SG are winless in their last five Champions League games played in the knockout stages (D2 L3).
- Meanwhile, four of Chelsea’s last five away games in the Champions League knockout stages have ended in draws (L1).
- Paris SG are the only team, alongside Juventus and Real Madrid, yet to concede a goal at home in the Champions League this season.
- Chelsea’s only away win against a French side in the Champions League came in September 2004 when they beat Paris SG at the Parc des Princes (3-0). The Blues have also drawn two and lost four.
- 54% of Chelsea’s goals have been scored from set-pieces (7 out of 13), the highest ratio among the 16 teams left in this season’s competition.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored seven goals in 36 Champions League knockout games. In the group stages, he has found the net 38 times in 79 games.
- Diego Costa has only scored one goal in his last 14 Champions League games, that was against Maccabi Tel Aviv last September.
- There have been eight goals scored from direct free kick in the Champions League this season, four of them by Willian.