Following his move from Manchester City to Leicester City, Kelechi Iheanacho has knocked former Super Eagles captain, Austin Okocha off the list of top 10 most expensive Nigerian players.
In the past, Okocha was the most expensive Nigerian player for many years when he joined PSG from Fernabache in 1998 before Mikel Obi took the title from him after his move to Chelsea from Lyn Oslo.
Earlier this year, Odion Ighalo became the most expensive when he joined Changchun Yataion from Watford in then record fee of €23.3m but Kelechi Iheanacho has edged him out while knocking off Okocha off the top 10 list.
The 20-year-old penned a five-year contract at the King Power Stadium for an undisclosed fee, with reports suggesting the Foxes have forked out £25million for the Nigeria striker.
Here is the list of the top 10 most expensive Nigerian players
11. Austin Okocha – Fenerbahce to PSG for €12.4m
10. Brown Ideye – Dynamo Kiev to WBA for €12.63m
9. Emmanuel Emenike – Spartak to Fenerbahce for €13m
8. Isaac Success – Granada to Watford for €15m
7. Obafemi Martins – Inter-Milan to Newcastle for €16m
6. Yakubu Aiyegbeni – Middlesborough to Everton for €16.5m
5. Wilfred Ndidi Oyinye – Genk to Leicester City for €17.6m
4. Ahmed Musa – CSKA Moscow to Leicester City for €19.5m
3. John Mikel Obi – Lyn Oslo to Chelsea for €20m
2. Odion Jude Ighalo – Watford to Changchun Yatai for €23.3m
1. Kelechi Iheanacho – Manchester City to Leicester City for €28m