Manny Pacquiao called out Floyd Mayweather Jr for a rematch after retaining his WBA World Welterweight title against Adrien Broner.
Mayweather watched ringside as Pacquiao defended his belt by unanimous points decision in Las Vegas on Saturday – the Filipino’s 61st professional victory.
Even at the age of 40, Pacquiao showed speed and skill to ease past Broner at MGM Grand Garden Arena, where judges scored the fight 117-111, 116-112 and 116-112.
Afterwards, Pacquiao (61-7-2) talked up a rematch with 42-year-old American Mayweather (50-0), who won the pair’s 2015 meeting by unanimous decision.
“God gave me this good health and blessings and at the age of 40 I can still do this,” said Pacquiao, who was back in the ring after winning the belt with a dominant seventh-round knockout of Lucas Matthysse in July.
“I wanted to push more but my trainer said it would be careless, to wait for him and counter so that’s what I did.
“Tell Floyd to come back to the ring and we will fight, I’m willing to fight Floyd.”
— Manny Pacquiao (@mannypacquiao) January 20, 2019
Mayweather announced his retirement following victory over UFC star Conor McGregor in August 2017, leaving his professional record at 50-0.
However, Mayweather defeated Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukaw in an exhibition last month.
Meanwhile, former super-middleweight and light-heavyweight holder Badou Jack lost to Marcus Browne.
Jack suffered a horrific gash to his forehead following a seventh-round headbutt as Browne won by unanimous decision.