Eight players of Nigerian heritage were selected in the first and second round at the 2020 NBA Draft.
As expected before the draft just as we reported previously, some were selected within the first 10 picks and a total of five were picked in the first round.
Three players including D’Tigers forward and guard Jordan Nwora were selected in the second round and within 31-45 picks.
Top of the pick was Isaac Okoro who was drafted at number five by the Cleveland Cavaliers, at number six was Onyeka Okongwu drafted by the Atalanta Hawks.
Portharcourt born Precious Achiuwa was drafted by Miami Heat at 20 while Zeke Nnaji was drafted at 22 by Denver Nuggets.
Udoka Azubuike was drafted at 27 by Utah Jazz and Desmond Bane drafted by Celtics with 30th pick but reportedly traded to Grizzlies.
In the second round at 33 Timberwolves drafted Daniel Oturu and was officially traded to the Clippers, after first being dealt to the Knicks.
And the last Nigerian pick was Jordan Nwora who was drafted at 45 by Milwaukee Bucks.
5. Cavaliers draft Isaac Okoro
6. Hawks draft Onyeka Okongwu
20. Heat draft Precious Achiuwa
22. Nuggets draft Zeke Nnaji
27. Jazz draft Udoka Azubuike
30. Celtics draft Desmond Bane >> reportedly traded to the Grizzlies
33. Timberwolves draft Daniel Oturu >> officially traded to the Clippers, after first being dealt to the Knicks
45. Bucks draft Jordan Nwora