Arsenal’s 2-0 loss to Leicester City could spell the end of Unai Emery’s tenure.
The Gunners failed to win for the fourth Premier League match in succession on Saturday, testing the patience of club officials.
According to reports, contact has been made with Luis Enrique to assess his interest in the job.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL MAKE LUIS ENRIQUE ENQUIRY
It could be a case of one Spaniard out, another Spaniard in at Emirates Stadium.
El Confidencial’s Kike Marin claims Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi has sounded out Luis Enrique about replacing Unai Emery as head coach.
The ex-Barcelona and Roma boss has been out of football since stepping down as Spain’s head coach due to personal reasons in June, two months before the tragic death of his young daughter, Xana.
– Manchester United have joined the race for in-demand Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana, according to the Mirror. The Red Devils are also rumoured to be chasing Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen and Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, their former player.
– As rumours linking Eriksen to Old Trafford re-emerge, Tottenham are preparing to move for a former United man. The Mirror say Spurs are plotting a £50million bid for Memphis Depay, who has flourished since leaving the Premier League for Ligue 1’s Lyon.
– The same British tabloid believes Chelsea could splash £70million on towering Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic if their transfer ban is lifted in January.
– Olivier Giroud could be leaving Chelsea for a fee of around £5million. The Daily Express say Antonio Conte’s Inter and Major League Soccer side Vancouver Whitecaps are prepared to offer the France international an escape route.
– Giroud could depart Stamford Bridge for Italy and Mario Pasalic might remain there. The Chelsea-owned midfielder is on loan at Serie A outfit Atalanta, who are considering forking out the €15million required to keep him, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.