Miami Heat star Chris Bosh is desperate to continue his NBA career to be an example to his kids.
His health has been debated heavily over the last couple years due to blood clots, missing games, and a failed physical last month.
Faced with an uncertain NBA future, the 11-time All-Star said that despite others’ concern for his health, he is set on coming back to show his kids how to deal with adversity.
“I want my children to know that Daddy was a fighter and he just didn’t give up very easily,” Bosh said Tuesday, via his Uninterrupted video series.
While Bosh is still on the Heat’s roster, it looks unlikely that he will play after missing the second half of the season each of the last two years.
He still has not been cleared by doctors.
Bosh is guaranteed $76million over the next three years, whether he plays or not.
“What I would say to the people who just see the money and kind of see my situation and say, ‘Hey, just walk away’ – I get it. I totally get it. I understand you. I hear you,” Bosh said. “But I’m not really thinking about money. I’m just thinking about where my heart is. I love the NBA. I love playing basketball every day for a living.”
The 32-year-old said he is determined to play again. But whatever happens, he added he wants others to not give up on whatever their goals are.
“All I have to do is just leave and you’ll never hear from me again,” Bosh said. “I’ll probably just do other things and I’ll be fine – and that makes it confusing, because I know where my heart is. And I would just feel like I’m giving up if I just walked away, just easily like that.”