Ejigbo All Stars’ FC player Taiwo Akinlusi has reportedly died of electric shock after his head mistakenly touched a naked wire on on Saturday.
Taiwo Akinlusi popular known as Sir Tee was said to be coming down from a plaza where he visited a football betting shop at Ile-Epo bus stop, Ejigbo when the ugly incident occurred.
Mr. Abiodun Adaranijo who witnessed the incident said Taiwo Akinlusi could have avoided the naked wire but he didn’t take note or probably used to seeing it as it was not his first time of visiting the shop.
Reacting to the news, the chairman of Ailegun Community Development Association ( CDA), Barr. Bimbo Olawale, who confirmed the incident, lamented the unfortunate situation.
“We always warn people to be security conscious. We tell them that security include anything that can affect human life such as electricity in terms of wiring.
“The incident was an unfortunate one and we pray not to experience such again but we must always be conscious.
“The incident has affected the power supply in the community, the supply to the area has to be switched off but we have contacted Ikeja Electric to come and fix it.”
His corpse was said to have been deposited in the mortuary at Isolo General Hospital.