Saido Mane has beaten his clubmate, Mohamed Salah, to the most valuable players at the just concluded Africa Cup of Nations held in Cameroon.
Mane who scored the winning penalty to help Senegal claim their first-ever AFCON title on Sunday was named the best player of the tournament in Cameroon.
Chelsea goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy who was instrumental to Senegal’s success was named the best goalkeeper ahead of Egypt’s Mohamed Abou Gabal (Gabaski) who many felt would have won the award.
As expected after scoring 8 goals, Vincent Aboubaka won the top scorer award, coach Aliou Cisse who led Senegal to their first-ever AFCON title named the coach of the tournament.
Manchester City Burkina Faso right back Issa Kabore was named the young player of the tournament
See the complete list of the award winners below
1. Most Valuable Player – Saido Mane (Senegal)
2. Best Goalkeeper – Edourd Mendy (Senegal)
3. Top Striker – Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon)
4. Best coach – Aliou Cisse (Senegal)
5. Fair Play – Senegal National Team
6. Best young player – Issa Kabore (Burkina Faso)
Also, worthy of note is that Egypt’s goalkeeper Mohamed Abou Gabal (Gabaski) was named the final’s man of the match.