A mysterious incident involving Lewis Hamilton‘s attendance at red carpet events in Cannes last week could reportedly mean that the world champion sits out Monaco this weekend.
The story could tie in with Pascal Wehrlein‘s last-minute test in the Mercedes last Wednesday in Barcelona.
“Yes, I would be ready,” Wehrlein told Sky Sport Italia after testing on Wednesday, when asked if he feels ready for a race seat at the silver works team.
The young German admitted that the call-up took him by surprise, as he received the phone call at 8pm on Tuesday evening and only had his Manor-branded helmet with him.
Corriere dello Sport reports that the supposed Cannes nightclub incident might involve “stolen photographs”.
The reports also said that Mercedes officials were already not happy with Hamilton, who had been asked to test in Barcelona but refused.