With Victor Osimhen out of the 2021 African Cup of Nation only one Nigerian player made the list of top 10 most valuable player at the tournament.
As expected Egypt’s Mohamed Salah top the pack while his club teammate Senegal’s Saido Mane ranked 2nd.
Former Inter, Real Madrid defender Achraf Hakimi of Morocco named third while Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi placed 4th.
Here is the complete top 10 most valuable players at AFCON 2021 according to transfermarkt.
1. Mohamed Salah (Egypt, Liverpool) $113m
2. Saido Mane (Senegal, Liverpool) $90m
3. Achraf Hakimi (Morocco, Paris Saint-Germain) $79m
4. Wilfried Ndidi (Nigeria, Leicester) $68m
5. Franck Kessie (Ivory Coast, Milan) $54m
6. Khalidou Koulibaly (Senegal, Napoli) $51m
7. Wilfred Zaha (Ivory Coast, Crystal Palace) $45m
8. Edmond Tapsoba (Burkina Faso, Bayer Leverkusen $45m
9. Thomas Partey (Ghana, Arsenal) $45m
10. Riyadh Mahrez (Algeria, Manchester City) $45m