A host of Super Eagles regulars had a swell time representing their various clubs around Europe over the weekend, with strikers Paul Onuachu and Victor Osimhen leading the flight of the Europe-based Eagles.
Here is a round-up of some of the top performers for their sides in Europe;
- Victor Osimhen: Unarguably the most in-form striker in Europe, Super Eagles star Victor Osimhen has become quite the phenomenon at Italian side Napoli. He scored the opener in their 2-0 win against Cagliari and won the penalty which was converted by Lorenzo Insigne for the second goal. Osimhen has now scored six goals for Napoli in September, the highest by any player in Europe’s top five leagues. Only Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has scored as many goals this month as Osimhen.
- Paul Onuachu: KRC Genk giant striker Paul Onuachu scored a hat trick for his side in their 3-0 win against RFC Seraing. Having been strongly linked with a move over the summer, the Super Eagles star has returned to his best form for the Belgian giants that saw him crowned as the league’s best player. He missed a penalty early in the match before scoring twice in three minutes in the 42nd and 44th minute. He scored a penalty in the 49th minute to round off his scoring. The striker has now scored eight times in his last five matches.
- Cyriel Dessers: Feyenoord striker Cyriel Kolawole Dessers has continued his revival at Dutch side Feyenoord since moving from KRC Genk. He scored in the 92nd minute after coming off the bench to help his side win 5-3 against NEC Nijmegen.
- Moses Simon: Super Eagles winger Moses Simon scored his first goal of the season for FC Nantes in their 3-1 defeat to Stade Reims in the Ligue 1. The winger scored in the 62nd minute to level matters at 1-1 before Reims scored twice more to emerge from the match as winners.
- Joe Aribo: Midfielder Joe Aribo helped Rangers keep their place at the top of the Scottish Premier Football League as he scored the lone goal in their 1-0 win over Dundee in their matchday seven encounter.
- Kelechi Iheanacho: Leicester City ace Kelechi Iheanacho came off the bench to grab an assist for Jamie Vardy in the 85th minute and help Leicester City pick up a point in their 2-2 draw against Burnley. The Super Eagles star has now scored two goals and assisted two more in only two starts for Leicester City this season.
With the double-header FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Central African Republic just over two weeks away, Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr will be delighted at the form of his strikers Osimhen, Onuachu and Iheanacho. The trio will surely play key roles in the fixtures.