Osimhen on the verge of Serie A title win as Napoli face Udinese
Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen and Napoli will be crowned Italian Serie A champions if they avoid defeat vs Udinese on Thursday evening.
The 24-year old has been excellent for the Partonopei netting 21 times in the clubs fairytale run towards a Scudetto triumph.
A 1-1 draw vs Salernitana at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium in Naples meant Napoli`s title winning party was put on hold but they may finally get the race over the line vs Udinese with a point.
A 33-year wait for their third league title looks destined for their 15-points lead over second placed Lazio, who defeated Sassuolo on Tuesday.
Osimhen and his Napoli teammates have their job cut-out. Get at least a point and be crowned champions at the Stadio Fruili.
- If Napoli is crowned Serie A title winners on Thursday night, they will join Inter Milan and Juventus as the only teams to win the title with 5-games to the end of the season.
- Luciano Spalleti will become the oldest manager to win the Serie A title (64)
- For a team that has won their 8-previous away matches in the league, Napoli are odds on to be crowned Champions at Udinese.
- Udinese Serie A form WLDLWL. Napoli Serie A form WLWDWD
- Victor Osimhen, has failed to score in his last three league appearances. However against a Udinese team which he does boast a record of four goals in previous encounters, the striker will look to halt his drought.
Udinese possible starting lineup:
Silvestri; Becao, Bijol, Perez; Ehizibue, Samardzic, Walace, Lovric, Udogie; Pereyra; Beto
Napoli possible starting lineup:
Meret; Di Lorenzo, Kim, Rrahmani, Olivera; Anguissa, Lobotka, Zielinski; Lozano, Osimhen, Kvaratskhelia
Kickoff is 7:45pm at the Stadio Fruili on Thursday May 4.