There are some hobbies that bring you peace, and then there are others that get your blood pumping and the adrenaline flowing through your body. Basketball is the latter! It’s a sport involving agility and speed, fun and teamwork, and if you are ever considering being a part of a basketball team, now is the time to start hunting one out.
The health benefits on offer with basketball can change the way that you move and it can improve other areas of your life, too. You gain excellent problem solving skills on top of better strength in your rhomboid muscles! You use muscle groups that you didn’t even know that you had, and you get to have fun with friends while you do it. So, let’s check out how basketball is good for you!
- Heart Health. Basketball is a sport that is excellent for your heart. When you keep moving around the court, yoru heart rate increases, which builds endurance and ensures that your heart stays healthy. This lowers your risk of heart disease and stroke later in life, too!
- Feel The Burn. Calories are important and if you are looking to lose some weight, you need to burn off those calories. Basketball involves quick movements and plenty of strength in your upper body and legs – so you can bet you’ll burn off some of those extra pounds!
- Bone Strength. Basketball is physically demanding and it will improve the strength of your bones when you are working out. As you bear your weight on your legs heavily throughout play, you will build strength in your bones and this will improve the formation of bone tissue.
- Immune System Booster. You can reduce your stress levels when you play sports, and when you do this, you also reduce your risks of depression. When all of this is lowered, you will find that your immune system gets a big boost!
- Strength Training. Basketball isn’t just cardio. You will be working your whole body and developing lean muscle at the same time. You will also be working out in between games to improve your back and shoulder muscles and your legs so that you can move better while you train!
- Mental Health Boost. It’s a fast-paced game, but the flood of happy hormones that are released when you exercise are going to give your mental health a boost. You have to be able to focus and you can learn to accurately move and quickly process the way that the action on the court is happening. You can give your mind something to focus on, which will improve your mental health massively!
- Better Coordination. If there is one skill that you will learn when you learn how to play basketball, it’s coordination. You will learn how to balance your hand-eye coordination so that you can move seamlessly around the ball and your teammates. You’ll learn to move your body and coordinate your movements with others, too.
Basketball can change the way you move and think – why not seek out a team today?