Neymar Returns as Ancelotti Names Brazil World Cup Squad

Brazil forward Neymar has been included in Brazil’s squad for next month’s FIFA World Cup after being named by head coach Carlo Ancelotti on Monday.
The 34-year-old returns to the national team after missing a large part of the qualifying campaign due to several injuries. Brazil will be aiming to win a record sixth World Cup title.
Many journalists and guests gathered at Rio de Janeiro’s Museum of Tomorrow for the squad announcement, with attention focused on whether Neymar would make the final list.
Ancelotti, who became Brazil coach last year, explained that his decision was based on the player’s fitness and current form.
“I had all the information I needed to make the best possible decision and create a list with as few mistakes as possible,” Ancelotti said during the ceremony.
Neymar, Brazil’s all-time leading scorer with 79 goals, has not played for the national team since 2023. The former FC Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain star struggled with injuries during his time at Al Hilal before returning to his boyhood club Santos FC.
Speaking after Santos’ 3-0 defeat to Coritiba on Sunday, Neymar said he believes he has done enough to earn his place in the squad.
“Physically, I feel great. I’ve been improving with every game,” he said.





