The 2021-22 season has been very productive for many Super Eagles stars across Europe, with their performances catching the eyes of some of Europe’s top sides as a result. Here is a list of five Super Eagles stars who may be on the move in the summer.
1. Victor Osimhen: Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has caught the eye of some of the Premier League’s top sides and looks all set to depart the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona after just two years at the club. The 23-year-old has scored 17 goals in 30 appearances for the Partenopei this season despite having an injury-hit campaign. He is currently averaging a goal every 130 minutes of action for Luciano Spalletti’s side. The lanky striker has been linked with a move to Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle United all in the Premier League, with the sides reported to have initiated contact with his representatives over a transfer which will cost between 80 and 100 million Euros.
2. Taiwo Awoniyi: Union Berlin striker Taiwo Awoniyi is another who looks set to change clubs at the end of this season. The Kwara-born striker has scored 18 goals in 42 appearances for Union Berlin in all competitions, averaging a goal in every 156 minutes of action. The 24-year-old joined Union Berlin for a club-record €6.5 million from Liverpool, and is set to command a fee of between 20 and 25 million Euros. Southampton are said to be interested in a move for the Super Eagles striker.
3. Emmanuel Dennis: Despite suffering relegation with Watford, Emmanuel Dennis is expected to remain in the Premier League. The 24-year-old fit right into the Premier League as a Watford player, scoring 10 goals and six assists in 33 appearances for the Hornets. He joined Watford in the summer, and the club would be looking to make a profit on his sale.
4. Paul Onuachu: KRC Genk giant striker Paul Onuachu has been impressive for the Belgian side since joining the club. His past two seasons, in particular, have been hugely successful. After nearing a move in the summer of 2021, the striker looks set to make his move this summer after another goal-laden season. The 27-year-old has scored 22 goals in 40 appearances for the club despite having suffered a series of injuries this season. Several European sides have explored the possibility of signing the Super Eagles star, with Genk resigned to losing him this summer.
5. Victor Moses: Former Super Eagles star Victor Moses may be on his way back to the Premier League as soon as this summer after spending two years at Russian club Spartak Moscow. This season, the winger has three goals and five assists in 31 appearances for his Russian side. He came close to completing a move to Burnley at the start of the Russia-Ukraine conflict but saw the move blocked by the Premier League over fairness rules.
Other Super Eagles stars such as Moses Simon, Kelechi Nwakali and Sadiq Umar are among players who may also be on the move this summer.