Tyson Fury and Wladimir Klitschko will return to the ring for their long-awaited world heavyweight title fight in Manchester on October 29.
Fury was scheduled to defend the WBA and WBO titles he took off Klitschko last November on July 9, but the Briton cancelled the bout due to a sprained ankle.
It was confirmed on Wednesday that Klitschko will get the opportunity to gain revenge for that surprise loss in Dusseldorf when he goes toe-to-toe with Fury in the Englishman’s home city next month.
“I’m delighted that we can finally get the fight back on and in Manchester on October 29th,” the defending champion’s coach and uncle Peter Fury said.
“After hard discussions we can now focus on giving the fans what they deserve; another barnburner of a fight. Team Fury will ensure Tyson is in the shape of his life to successfully retain his world titles.”
Klitschko last month announced he would be “forced” to take Fury to court after the towering 28-year-old announced he would not be fit to fight in July.
It subsequently emerged that Fury had also been serving a provisional suspension after being charged for an alleged doping offence. That ban was lifted pending a hearing in November, with Fury denying taking any performance-enhancing drugs.
Klitschko Management Group’s Bernd Bonte said: “Team Klitschko is very happy, that after Fury’s postponements, we finally have a new date. It is great that our event can stay in the Manchester Arena.
“This is one of the best venues worldwide and has already seen many great fights. We know that Wladimir will be in the best shape on October 29th and we are very confident that he will regain the heavyweight championships.”